Monday 17 December 2012

Bonnie Hunters Easy Street Updated 30/12

Lorraine and I are doing this one... Anne wouldn't get involved lol... Too many unfinished projects. Fabric choice was the first exciting step. Lorraine and I sent messages back and forth whilst shopping the stash- I then did a spotty run and got some blues....some of the fabrics in the picture didn't make the final cut but this was one of the photos Lorraine and I exchanged when shopping the stash. You can see the steps I've already completed below as well. step 1 was the 4 patch...easy enough. Step 2 - flying geese.... Ugh. Step 3 shaded 4 patches, easy thanks to a tutorial put on to the Flickr group but are Yet to be completed as Christmas Quilts are taking a small priority. The fabrics I chose are below. Step 4 needs to be cut but involves more of the damn birds.

27/12
Cut the green squares from Step 4 today.
145 of them.
That's all I did as I worked until 9 pm tonight.

30/12
Have finished steps 1,2,3 and 6
Have cut Step 4&5.
I just got too tired to continue sewing and managed to get the fabric cut by 9:30- half an hour after cutting curfew... But it was strips.... So carried on and finished. Managed to find another cream for Step 6 bricks to get some swirl. Nearly got rid of all of a revolting Christmas fabric but cut it small enough and now not so ugly and only about 1/2 yard left... It's cream with gold decoration...it will add some bling to the quilt.

To get back to Bonnie, click at the bottom of this post :)











http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-5.html

5 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices. Our Step 3s look very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your colors, especially that mocha brown with the dustier pinks--so pretty. Can't wait to see it all come together, but then I'll want Bonnie to start another one right away! I'll miss the suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this one completed!
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those dusky blues and pinks! Bonnie said there won't be geese in clue 5 - hip hip hooray LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was worth the to-ing and fro-ing, fabrics look fab!

    ReplyDelete