Sunday 16 December 2012

Back to Bendigo - Scarred for Life

This top was FINALLY pieced on the mini retreat to Carakalinga with Bec, Leanne and Johanna in Oct 2012. Without borders it is 66"x 72" and is the signature squares from the SCQuilters Retreat in Bendigo in 2007. The biggest siggie square swap in SCQ history with 132 swappers and it was my first. I've never done a swap since. The 2013 retreat is in Bendigo as well and it was a challenge to have this completed by then, Hence the name of the quilt. Oriental themed fabrics form the snowball borders. I was going to send it away but I think I'm going to ditch quilt it and move on!! I'd rather get a different quilt professionally done. Even ditch quilting this mother of a quilt is going to be a trial on the Janome, just due to sheer size.

No comments:

Post a Comment