Wednesday 8 June 2016

"NEW YORK STATE OF MIND" - ONE BLOCK WONDER

Another challenge quilt between Lorraine and myself from the book " One Block Wonder" by Maxine Rosenthal.
The fabric, purchased at "The City Quilter" in New York is part of their Grand Central Line.
It's just magnficent fabric, soft and has a great hand.
This quilt was relatively fast to put together, but to arrange the blocks, I would use the camera on my phone to get the blocks in the right spot. I would then put it on black and white to check the tone.

I did have to get the inner borders and the back (same line) on a random unplanned trip to NYC last July.
I managed to get the to finished in time for the Scquilters Restreat in Canberra.
Just love this.
Quilted by Sharon Vickridge- Smith with a New York Skyline pattern.








No comments:

Post a Comment